Thread: The Big Fight: Mac Vs PC

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773

The Big Fight: Mac Vs PC

Roll up for this year’s biggest rematch. Barely a year goes by before the two goliaths of the computing world, the PC and the Mac, get back in the ring to battle it out for IT supremacy. In one corner we have the PC, a real all-rounder that can take just about everything you can throw at it, and in the other corner, its glitzy archenemy, the ever resilient Mac, the heavyweight with a big punch, particularly when it comes to graphic applications.

Ding! Ding! Round one.

When it comes to price, the PC comes out fighting. The common view is that Macs are more expensive. However, look a little closer and you’ll see that you get more for your money with the Mac. Buying a PC with, for example, the MacBook specification, could actually cost you more than a MacBook. Looking for a basic home computer for Internet access, email and some word processing, then, sure, a PC will cost way less than a Mac, but if you’re looking for something more powerful then perhaps your money should be on the Mac.

Keep your guard up.

When it comes to security, the perception is that the Mac comes out on top. But, this is only because viruses are more often created for PC, as there are more PCs in circulation. Conversely, statistics show that Mac users tend to lose more money in phishing attacks, perhaps because they’re less concerned about security. What this really says is that the biggest compromise to computer security is the person using it.

Keep moving

Round three and our contenders are neck-and-neck. In terms of portability, Mac used to be the clear favourite, but today, PC laptops are smaller than ever and the tiny PC Netbook sacrifices power to win hands-down when it comes to portability. Comparing like for like, however, it’s more difficult to make a comparison, as the MacBook combines the size of a conventional laptop with a lot more muscle. Let’s call this round a dead heat.

Who’s fastest?

The Mac’s Leopard operating system gives its counterpart, Vista, a thorough beating on boot-up/shutdown times and the speed with which it opens applications. Here, the Mac, or rather its operating system, is the clear winner. However, when it comes to CPU processing times, dual CPUs, found on nearly all high-end PCs top the benchmark tables.

Looking good.

In the ring, looks don’t count for much, but they do on the shop shelf. Much of the appeal of a Mac is in the design. This also demonstrates one of its biggest let-downs – customisability. You can build, accessorise and future-proof a PC to your own specifications. A Mac might look and perform fantastically when it hits the market, but it’s a different story two years down the line when you want to upgrade parts.

The Judges decision?

With components in both machines coming from the same pool of manufacturers, it’s a very evenly fought match. Many computer users prefer the look, feel and simplicity of Apple’s operating system, while PCs offer more choice for mixing and matching hardware.

So, who is the winner? That decision is down to you, the buyer. Your power requirements, the applications you want to run and, to a lesser extent, how stylish you machine needs to be, will decide your champion.
    Source : Superstoresearch
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none​

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    Thanks

2. Who Said Thanks:

Mihai (15.12.10)

P2P Client
    WaffleCheat v1.95 build 19928
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss1509
    I'm on for the PC. The thing that convinced me is the fact that in 2 years like he said, you can't upgrade it or you ca but it will be very expensive.
    What does a scene tracker tell to a general tracker?
    You're so 5 minutes ago...

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39519
    What the hell was this doing in the Entertainment section?

Only because there can be intelligent discussion in this thread, I'll move it where it stands now.

As for me, I've never used a Mac, so...
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    What the hell was this doing in the Entertainment section?

Only because there can be intelligent discussion in this thread, I'll move it where it stands now.
    Sorry about that. I felt putting this one in Entertainment would be more fun

Well you can use it on your PC. I have done the Hackintosh way and it works in my new PC. Though not to forget it does have some cons, but the pros over power it anyway

Thanks

Activity Longevity
    12/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    1/5 ssss39519
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbiparamour View Post
    Well you can use it on your PC. I have done the Hackintosh way and it works in my new PC.
    Yeah, but not in mine. It needs much more resources than it can provide.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss339
    I never use Mac, i vote for PC
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss12
    Windows 7 is pretty sweet. My biggest regret is not switching to the Mac when Vista was major suckage. I have an old computer running Vista for my torrents and it brings back a flood of bad memories about the year or two I was on that PoS OS. Seeing the spinning wheel appear for the simplest UI interaction drives me mad.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    sbi finest
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss3125
    The Big Fight: Mac Vs PC
    So, who is the winner? That decision is down to you, the buyer.
    fight? what fight?
    just look at the market share of mac-pc & windows-pc, any questions about the winner? didn't think so
    Thanks

10. Who Said Thanks:

caballero (09.01.11)

P2P Client
    µ
    Activity Longevity
    1/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssss773
    Quote Originally Posted by slikrapid View Post
    fight? what fight?
    just look at the market share of mac-pc & windows-pc, any questions about the winner? didn't think so
    Certainly but over-here it depends from user-to-user. Most use Windows OS's but there are some who prefer MAC for their gorgeously looking UI its totally User Dependent
    Last edited by ParamouR; 10.01.11 at 10:25.

Thanks

Advanced User
    P2P Client
    Azureus
    Activity Longevity
    6/20 19/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssss7979

What he said!
    Thanks

Activity Longevity
    0/20 18/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 sssssss18
    i'm was reselling about 100 apple items a week for half a year. macbooks, ipads and iphones. After that time i still did not get myself an apple item. Now i got the G3 used for 20 bucks to be able to play 'angy birds'.

Either you like a clean and simple life, and apple products, or you are the 'patch me up, customize and upgrade me' type.

To each his own i say.

btw. what would i rant about in boring times if there wouldn'y be apple users
    Last edited by mbongo; 10.01.11 at 11:38.
    Thanks

P2P Client
    uTorrent
    Activity Longevity
    0/20 16/20
    Today Posts
    0/5 ssssssss6
    I'm using PC, but I'm vote for MAC because it's have small amount virus. I hate virus :(
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread